Sunday, October 5, 2014

Half Day Solo Tour in Manchester City Center: Manchester Central Library

Two days ago I found out that my favourite Youtube musicians ThePianoGuys will be visiting the Bridgewater Hall, Manchester on next year's June 11!
Have been their big fan for quite some time and it never crossed my mind that I'd get a chance to be there one day to see them live!

It was definitely not a chance to miss, I promised myself that I'd get myself a ticket no matter what *grins*
So after browsing through the website, realizing that it'd be much cheaper (I consider 2 pounds a big sum too, a cup of latte is much worth it) if the ticket is to be purchased by cash at the box office, I decided to drop by at the place on this weekend.

Had been a paranoid for the past few hours refreshing the ticket purchasing page coz I was really, really scared that my cheap 26.50 pounds ticket would sold out since ThePianoGuys are so popular blablabla. 





Aha I mad love this when my orchestra darlings go so jealous BWAHAHAHA.



It was a drizzling morning as forecasted.  
Back in Malaysia I used to love rainy Saturday mornings a lot.  
Not when I had some important meetups like my orchestra's practice going on of course, rainy mornings usually mark a great start for my day.

But this is not the case in Manchester.  
The rain woke me up as I could feel the chill driving up my spine even in my duvet (I was wearing long john, hoodie, long pants, socks and gloves already).
I am definitely not exaggerating how cold it is, despite the fact that I'm a person who has no resistance to cold AND THE HEATER IN MY ROOM HASN'T BEEN FUNCTIONING SINCE THE VERY FIRST DAY.
Imagine having 8 degree Celcius out there and there's nothing you can do apart from making reports after reports but no authority really seems to care.  





All prepared for my journey ahead!




Okay I really shouldn't be making a fuss on this coz obviously this is not the purpose I write this blog post.
I almost gave up the idea of taking the 30 minutes walk to the box office coz it was freezing cold and I wasn't sure if I could survive the rain.
I'm glad I didn't.   
It was a special day to be remembered - To do things which I never thought I would.





It was a journey which I went all solo, without GPS, but a piece of soggy city map I got during Freshers' Week.
Recognizing directions and reading maps have always been my pain in the arse, and because of that I would never go travelling alone.
Meantime this also meant that I would never get to explore new things places by myself.
And this was about to change.




#



The first stop of the day was the Bridgewater Hall.
I took some pictures with my phone coz it was still drizzling by the time I reached there and using a camera wasn't a wise choice I'd say.
The photos need to be processed a lil bit, I don't like gloomy shots.




Second stop was the Central Library.


Side portrait of the Central Library.
The Sun was out for me!





This place was totally out of plan, I just happened to pass by the building when I finished purchasing the tickets.
Surprises are everywhere!

So here are the pictures I took with my Olympus Pen EPL-3.



P.S: I shall write lesser coz it's getting a bit late (and cold) and there'll be a Vintage Fair (yayyyyy :D) in Trafford which I'll be going on the very next morning.  I can barely feel my feet and fingers now.

These photos are all virgins.  Untouched.






































































































































Pillow for your book (or my head).

It was so quiet in the room that I was annoyed by the "ka-cha" clicking sound of my camera wth.































































Wolfson Reading Room

I WANTED TO GO IN SO BADLY.
But it was closed for some reasons so I could only take a few shots from the outside.
It was breathtaking, seriously.












Then I spotted something interesting.


Wait, Musical Instruments?!
































Electric pianos for you to try out your musical scores before you borrow'em home!
I played a song on it with a volume close to mute lol.







Blue sky was still too shy to say Hello, 





But the city was back alive again, you can tell by seeing the crowd on the streets :)
Oh then I realized I was dressing quite awkwardly as people don't wear winter coats till winter?
Blame it on my waterproof jacket (purchased online yo!) which has yet to arrive at my residence lol.




So if you think this is it for my day, then you're very very wrong.
I hope I can get my explorations of the day updated very soon.  
I don't want them piling up like my assignments hahahahaha.
Stay tuned :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a trace if you will.