Saturday, December 6, 2014

Nottingham 2D1N Trip Part 1: Nottingham Malaysian Games & Wollaton Hall

From Wikipedia:
Nottingham Malaysian Games, known to many as Notts Games, is the largest sporting event of its kind, attracting members of Malaysian-related university societies from the length and breath of England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.  It was first organised by the committee of Nottingham Malaysian Society in 1985 and has been since held annually.





Before I arrive to the UK I totally had no idea about what Notts Games was about until my peers asked if I would like to join the crew as a volunteer.
Keh-poh-chi ("busybody" in Hokkien) like me would never let go a chance as such so I filled up the online form and submitted.
Just as I received a notice that I was selected to join the Squash crew, I received a short notice from bestie Zhuoxu if I wanted to join the games as a table tennis player (well it was I who asked her earlier if I could before this).  Yes I said.  So I rejected the volunteering offer from University of Nottingham.
Then days before I got myself mentally prepared that I would just be there and enjoy the game instead of giving too much focus on winning (which I obviously could not haha), I was told that due to unforeseen circumstances the whole sport club that Zhuoxu is in was not successfully registered.  
She must be very very disappointed, much more than I was.  But yea, shitty stuffs do happen shittily sometimes.




Well, I bought the coach tickets to Nottingham anyway, and booked a place to stay for a night with Felicia, my one and only Malaysian coursemate hoho.
She was one of the volunteers so basically, I didn't get to see her much during the event day.













Basketball.  
One of the sport events that I love to watch but can never play.






Main highlight for the whole event I think HAHAHAHAHA 
#ifyouknowmewell #typicalfoodie







Not students I think, but friendly people are good people :)















F&N and A&W and MAMEE.







Seeing non-Malaysians preparing Malaysian food was quite an interesting scene I'd say :P














Fusion popiah.








Malaysian spices.








Zhuoxu's lunchie! 
4.50 GBP.







Ha.  Now you know why I would get to Nottingham no matter what.
Be it as a volunteer.  Or a player.  
Or just a nobody who randomly cheer for someone she never met before.
Ha.
Glad to see him again!














AND I THOUGHT IT WAS NASI LEMAK.
Who knew it was just plain rice :(

Or it was I who didn't clarify that I want FAT-RICE.








Satay O______O









Char Kuey Teow.






















Left the place with a full tummy and had a walk in the campus with H.
How bad can life be when I'm with him :)









 Bumped into Adrian, my high school senior aka orchestra buddy :)

Didn't know Notts Games was an event so big that I got to meet so many long-time-no-see friends from primary school and secondary school.  
World's too too small!  
I didn't take photos with them tho don't ask me why I don't know either.
Here's H with Adrian,
He played Frisbee and I never knew that!




Met Khai Ven too, my 7 years-no-see primary school best friend.
He's having his twinning programme at University of Nottingham and he was busy with his duty that day.  
We planned to meet on the day after next but no luck t'was.
And we no take picta T___________T 







Round face wtf.  
Focus on the beautiful leaves please and thank you -.-















When Miss Small Eyes meet Mr Big Eyes :)

















Quite a cloudy day .____.







Almost the end of my 20.
Goddamn it.







Went back to the table tennis room to watch this big-mouth-girl play mixed double with Chun Yang. 








I was kinda glad that I didn't playing lol.







Spot Koe Yeet, a Malaysian actress at the court :)
Met her once on a mini movie sharing event at Kelantan so I wasn't too eggcited when I saw her.
But don't get me wrong, I do like her too.
Elegant and confident yet humble as always.








Decided to leave the sport centre after Yin Yin's game ended.
Time never seems to be enough when I'm with him.




















On the way to a special place.














































































Wollaton Hall.

From Wikipedia:
In 2011, key scenes from the Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises were filmed outside Wollaton Hall. The Hall was featured as the latest Wayne Manor.



















Decided to have some coffee.
Hot Mocha and Latte are always good to have at a cold evening.
















H had to catch his university's bus back to London on the same day so we had to leave the place.
Too bad we were a lil too late to visit the interior of the Wollaton Hall, we forgot it was a Saturday :(





Saying goodbyes are hard but we need'em for our next Hello.

Few weeks more till I meet him again, I'll wait and anticipate for the day to come :)




Stay tuned.





Directed posts:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a trace if you will.